The Platform is part of a service offered by Whamix that allows users to connect with other users to experience short form interactive and immersive content. We set out below the terms and conditions ("Terms") that you, a user, and Whamix, Inc. ("we," "our," or "us") must follow, and are a legally binding agreement between you and us.
In particular, we want to point out that by accepting these Terms, you and we are agreeing to arbitrate any dispute between us, and you are giving up your right to go to court either individually (except for matters that may be taken to small claims court) or as part of a class action, except as otherwise provided by the European General Data Protection Regulation. See the Dispute Resolution and Arbitration section below for details.
Acceptance of Terms
- Use. Some of the things you can do through the Service are listed directly below. "Content Services" means all types of content (including all characters, assets, names and other items in the games), avatars and other characters, artwork, reviews, text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, images, sounds, music, videos, audiovisual combinations, interactive features, names, usernames, logos, and other materials, works, items or content (standalone or in combination).
Play/Interact. Play, interact, see, view and use (and in certain cases, manipulate and change) certain portions of the UGC on the Platform.
Imagine/Socialize. Imagine, socialize, chat, play, create, interact and relate with others in many ways.
- Changes or Discontinuance of the Service. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Service at any time (including by limiting or discontinuing certain features of the Service) without notice to you. We will have no liability whatsoever on account of any change to the Service.
- Third-Party Services. We may provide tools through the Service that enable you to export information to third-party services, including through features that allow you to link your account with an account on a third-party service, such as Twitter or Facebook, or through our implementation of third-party buttons (such as "like" or "share" buttons). Third-party services are not under our control, and we are not responsible for any third-party service’s use of your exported information. The Service may also contain links to third-party websites. Linked websites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for their content. If you click on a linked website, we are not responsible for such website’s use of your data. You agree that your use of the Service may incur third-party fees, such as fees charged by your carrier for data usage, and may be subject to third-party terms, such as your carrier’s terms of service, and you agree to pay all such fees and abide by all such terms. By using the Service, you expressly relieve us from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website or third-party services.
- Intellectual Property
- Ownership of our Intellectual Property. The visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, information, data, computer code (including source code or object code), products, software, services, and all other elements of the Service ("Intellectual Property" or "IP") are protected by law. All IP contained in the Service is our property or our users’ or third-party licensors’ property. The IP includes UGC that has been licensed to us by our users. Except as expressly authorized by us in these Terms, you may not make use of any IP contained in the Service unless you get separate permission from the owner. We reserve all rights to the IP not granted expressly in these Terms.
- License. Subject to your ongoing compliance with these Terms, we grant you a non-exclusive, personal, limited, revocable, non-transferable license to use the Service on compatible devices that you own or control for your personal, entertainment use.
- Updates. These Terms will govern any updates provided to you by us that replace and/or supplement any part of the Service, unless such update is accompanied by a separate license, in which case the terms of that license will govern.
- Third-Party Materials.
- Third-Party Materials Disclaimer. Certain portions of the Service may include, display, or make available content, data, information, applications or materials from third parties ("Third-Party Materials"). You understand that by using the Service, you may encounter Third-Party Materials, such as third-party advertisements and promotional content that may be deemed offensive, indecent, or objectionable, which content may or may not be identified as having explicit language, and that may contain links or references to objectionable material. Nevertheless, you agree to use the Service at your sole risk and that we shall not have any liability to you for content that may be found to be offensive, indecent, objectionable, inaccurate, incomplete, untimely, invalid, illegal, of poor quality or otherwise.
- Indemnity. You agree that you will be responsible for your use of the Service, and you agree to defend and indemnify us and our officers, directors, employees, consultants, affiliates, investors, business partners, subsidiaries and agents (together, the "Affiliated Parties") from and against every claim, liability, damage, loss, and expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with: (a) your access to, use of, or alleged use of the Service; (b) your violation of any portion of these Terms, any representation, warranty, or agreement referenced in these Terms, or any applicable law or regulation; (c) your violation of any third-party right, including any intellectual property or proprietary right, publicity or privacy right, property right, or confidentiality obligation; or (d) any Dispute or issue between you and any third party. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you (without limiting your indemnification obligations with respect to that matter), and in that case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of that claim.
- General. These Terms are the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between you and us regarding your use of the Service. Except as expressly permitted in these Terms, these Terms may be amended only by a written agreement signed by authorized representatives of all parties to these Terms. You may not assign or transfer these Terms or your rights under these Terms, in whole or in part, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. We may assign these Terms at any time to any entity without notice or consent. This agreement is binding on and inures to the benefit of our respective heirs, successors and assigns. Use of section headers in these Terms is for convenience only and will not have any impact on the interpretation of any provision. If any part of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the unenforceable part will be given effect to the greatest extent possible (or, if it cannot legally be given any effect, will be severed from these Terms), and the remaining parts will remain in full force and effect. Nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to confer any rights or benefits on a third party. You And We Agree That Any Cause Of Action Arising Out Of Or Related To The Service Must Commence Within One (1) Year After The Cause Of Action Accrues. Otherwise, Such Cause Of Action Is Permanently Barred.
- Compliance with Laws. You will comply with all laws in your use of the Service, including any applicable export laws. You will not directly or indirectly export, re-export, or transfer the Service to prohibited countries or individuals or permit use of the Service by prohibited countries or individuals.
- Contact Information. The Service is offered by Whamix, Inc. located at 1130 Yew Street, San Mateo, CA 94402. You may contact us by sending correspondence to that address or email to Apurva Shah at email@example.com. If you are a California resident, you may have these Terms mailed to you electronically by sending a letter to the address above with your electronic mail address and a request for these Terms.